News and tips from Rio Grande Credit Union
- Beware Romance Scams
With online dating becoming more popular, America's most expensive scam is on the rise. Don’t be the next victim of a romance scam! Here’s all you need to know.
- 28 Ways to Celebrate Black History Month
How can you celebrate Black History Month? We challenge you to do one thing for Black History Month on each of the 28 days of February.
- Environmentally Healthy Tips to Save on Heating Costs
It's getting cold outside. Here are some practical ways to keep more heat inside your home and more money inside your wallet.
- Preparing financially for a new baby
Do you have a new bundle of joy on the way? Congratulations! Here are some steps you can take to prepare financially for a new baby.
- Dine on a Dime: Honey Mustard Chicken
Sweet enough for the kids, sophisticated enough for the adults and easy enough for the cook, this recipe is a keeper! You can switch the suggested vegetables for whichever you prefer.
- How to Beat the Post Holiday Blues
The post holiday blues may come knocking. Here are some simple tips to use this winter that may help lift your spirits.
- 4 New Years Resolutions for Small Businesses
It’s a brand-new year, and a new chance at growth for your business. Curious about what your business should be focusing on this year? We’ve got answers!
- What to Buy and What to Skip in January
What’s your January shopping style–all shopped out, or ready to hit the mall again as soon as the last guest leaves? Whatever it is, we’ve got you covered!
- Don't Get Caught in a Charity Scam
Scammers are out in full force to hijack the kindness of charity-givers everywhere to get at their money and their information. Here’s what you need to know about charity scams and how to protect yourself.
- 7 Financial Resolutions for 2023
If you’re looking for some resolutions to improve your personal finances, we’re pleased to offer seven things you can do in 2023!
- 5 Steps to Take After a Financial Disaster
Recovering from a financial disaster is never easy. However, with hard work and the ability to look forward, it can be done. Here’s how.
- RGCU Card Rewards You Shouldn’t Ignore in 2023
Debit and Credit Rewards aren’t always what they appear. But at Rio Grande, we understand real rewards help real people live better lives. Here are just some of the rewards that you should be taking advantage of this year.
- How to Give Yourself an End of Year Financial Review
Giving yourself an end-of-year financial review is a wonderful way to check on the progress you’ve made toward your goals. Here are some helpful tips to help your financial confidence in 2023.
- Affordable Indoor Activities Your Kids Will Love
So flex your creative muscle with these affordable indoor activities your kids will love this winter!
- How to Host a Stress-Free Holiday Meal on a Budget
Here are some ways you can host a stress-free and awesome holiday meal without draining your wallet.
- Moving Crisis: What To Do If Your New Home Isn’t Ready
Moving to a new home is stressful, even when it goes smoothly. Here are some things to consider if you end up having to wait.
- Last Minute Holiday Hacks
The holidays are drawing closer and there’s still so much to do! With just a bit of planning and organization, you can have a stress-free and affordable holiday season.
- Dine on a Dime: Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
What can be better for the hectic pre-holiday season than a set-it-and-forget-it dinner that everyone will love?
- How to Throw a Fantastic Holiday Party for Your Employees
With just a bit of ingenuity and planning, you can throw your employees a holiday party they’ll actually want to attend. Here’s how!
- Reasons We Overspend, and How to Overcome Them
What makes us overspend? Let’s take a look at five common reasons and how we can overcome them.
- What to buy and what to skip in December
Whether you’re finishing up your holiday shopping or looking for year-end bargains in any category this month, we’ve got you covered. Here’s what to buy and what to skip in December.